The PA AMR Conference Committee will host the 2020 conference at the Ramada Inn Conference Center, State College, Pennsylvania
For the safety of our attendees in the midst of the COVID19 virus outbreak we have postponed the conference to October 28-29 at the Ramada in State College, PA.
The AMR Conference Committee has sorted out a wide array of logistical details over the past few months and online registration is now OPEN. See the Registration page for more details.
The AMR Conference Committee has been diligently working behind the scenes to gather and approve presentations for the 2020 AMR Conference. We are excited to announce the approval of 12 presentations so far. Please see the Presentations page for more details.
The conference planning committee is now requesting proposals for presentations. With a theme of “2020: A Clear Future for Reclamation” our 22nd annual conference will highlight initiatives underway to ensure the continuation and improvement of reclamation programs and policies.
We encourage a wide range of topic submissions including but not limited to:
- New AMD treatment system technologies, tools, and products
- Construction case studies and lessons learned
- Land remediation, reforestation, and reuse
- Water quality monitoring
- Operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation of treatment systems
- Non-profit organization capacity issues
- Community involvement, special events, education and outreach
- Coal mining history and heritage preservation
- Mapping, drones, equipment, and other helpful new technologies
- Legislative updates and concerns at all levels of government
- Economic redevelopment, health and safety, and quality of life topics
- Climate change, energy and AMD
In the past, we have had such varied topics as the history of baseball in coal patch towns, prevention of lyme disease, preserving collieries, computer software designed technologies, reauthorization of the AML Fund, economic benefits of reclamation, AML issues in Germany and Bolivia, the establishment and support of non-profit organizations, and everything in between. If your topic can be related to what our community does, we would love to consider it for our 22nd annual conference!
Submissions should be no longer than one page in length and include the presenter’s name, title, and organization. Please also include a 1-paragraph Bio for the presenter.
Submissions and questions should be emailed to Anne Daymut at email@example.com by March 1, 2020.