The conference planning committee is now requesting proposals for presentations. With a theme of “2020: A Clear Future for Reclamation” our 22nd annual conference will highlight initiatives underway to ensure the continuation and improvement of reclamation programs and policies.
We encourage a wide range of topic submissions including but not limited to:
- New AMD treatment system technologies, tools, and products
- Construction case studies and lessons learned
- Land remediation, reforestation, and reuse
- Water quality monitoring
- Operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation of treatment systems
- Non-profit organization capacity issues
- Community involvement, special events, education and outreach
- Coal mining history and heritage preservation
- Mapping, drones, equipment, and other helpful new technologies
- Legislative updates and concerns at all levels of government
- Economic redevelopment, health and safety, and quality of life topics
- Climate change, energy and AMD
In the past, we have had such varied topics as the history of baseball in coal patch towns, prevention of lyme disease, preserving collieries, computer software designed technologies, reauthorization of the AML Fund, economic benefits of reclamation, AML issues in Germany and Bolivia, the establishment and support of non-profit organizations, and everything in between. If your topic can be related to what our community does, we would love to consider it for our 22nd annual conference!
Submissions should be no longer than one page in length and include the presenter’s name, title, and organization. Please also include a 1-paragraph Bio for the presenter.
Submissions and questions should be emailed to Anne Daymut at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2020.